Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago grown from a very tiny academy. Now it is a well establish institute at
Chicago.The institute is developed day by day. It has the chronological collection of historical art
across the globe.Throughout the past it served as a milestone in the art of chicago.
The Institute wa founded back in 1879,is a premium museum located in Grant Park.It is a dream of Art and Culture lover and second largest dream in United States.
When You visit the museum you can:
- Browse an extraordinary collection of impressionist, post-impressionist, modern, and contemporary art
- Admire masterpieces by artists such as Monet, Renoir, van Gogh, Picasso, Pollock, and many more
- View thought-provoking exhibitions and premier collections
- Explore family-friendly activities, including art-making workshops, games, and more
Free days in Art Institute of Chicago.
Beginning of the year the museum is free Chicago teens under the age of 18. Thursday evening from 5 to 8 the admiddion is free for Illinos resident. The children below the age of 14 are always free andenjoy the following areas of museum.
- The Ryan Education Center in the Modern Wing, as well as all programs for families and children within the center
- The North and South Gardens (accessible from Michigan Avenue)
- The Nichols Bridgeway connecting the museum to Millennium Park
- The Bluhm Family Terrace on the 3rd floor of the west pavilion of the Modern Wing
When you visit the art institute of Chicago,the common issue is of parking.Here are the parking garage
available nearby.These parking are underground to the adjacent parks to the Institute.
- East Monroe Street and Millennium Park garages
(entrance at Columbus Drive and Monroe Street)
- Grant Park south garage
(entrance at Michigan Avenue between Van Buren and Adams streets)
- Grant Park north garage
(entrance at Michigan Avenue between Madison and Randolph streets)